Cultwatch is a para-church organisation made up of people from different Christian denominations.
(Para-church means not founded, owned, or controlled by any one church group.)
Cultwatch’s two main aims are to help the people trapped in the cults and to warn people about the cult danger before they are ensnared. Cultwatch is a Christian based organisation dedicated to helping people from all walks of life.
What we believe
Here is a summary of what we believe.
Remember, always beware of any group that will not tell you openly and up front what they believe.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be directly inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they alone are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God who is Creator of Heaven and Earth; who is Spirit, light, love, and truth, eternal, almighty, infallible and unchangeable, infinitely wise, just, and holy; and that God eternally exists in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, the Eternal Word manifested in flesh. We believe that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- We believe that our Lord arose from the dead, according to the Scriptures, and in the same body, though glorified, in which He had lived and died, and that His resurrection body is the pattern of that body which, at the return of Christ, will be given to all resurrected believers.
- We believe that our Lord ascended to Heaven, was seated at His Father’s right hand, assuring us of the perfection of His work of redemption, and that He now, as head over all things to the Church, is engaged on behalf of the saved as Intercessor and Advocate.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image and after the likeness of God, and that he fell through sin; and, as a consequence of his sin, lost his spiritual life, becoming dead in trespasses and sins, and that he became subject to the power of the devil. We also believe that this spiritual death, or total depravity of human nature, has been transmitted to the entire human race, the Man Jesus Christ being excepted; and hence all people are born into the world with a nature that has been corrupted in body, mind, and soul.
- We believe that all who receive by faith, Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and who confess Him as such before their fellow men, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, being the Third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptises, seals, and sets believers apart to a holy life; that He keeps and empowers believers day by day. We believe that He is the Teacher of the Word of God and our Guide for daily life.
- We believe in the eternal security and everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the eternal conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe that Christ instituted the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to be observed until He comes.
- We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is composed solely of those who have been redeemed and washed in His Blood, regenerated and sealed by the Holy Spirit, and that they are saved to worship and to serve; that it is the responsibility and privilege of all who are saved to seek to win others to Christ, to the “uttermost part of Earth;” that they should seek to live a holy life, to separate themselves from and forsake all that might dishonour God, cast discredit on His cause, or weaken their testimony.
- We believe there is a personal devil, a being of great and cunning power who is “The prince and power of the air,” “The prince of this world,” “The god of this age.” We believe that he can exert vast power but only as God permits him to do so; that he shall ultimately be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone and shall be tormented day and night forever.
Thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ who has made all of this possible.